Type of Boat: Sail Boat
Model: Bahia 46
Make: Fountaine Pajot
Hull Type: Fibreglass
Number of Engines: --
Estimated Running Hours: 2000
Fuel Type: --
Fuel Capacity: 500
Total Passenger Capacity: 18
Number Of Berths / Sleeps: 12
More photos and videos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ka485e4foajlcse/AADGctmLe1NkZeFt_ie6p9PAa?dl=0
Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46 year 2003. 4 cabin / 4 heads layout. Owner boat. Fully loaded and autonomous for off-grid living and extended cruising in remote locations with a huge solar array, lithium batteries, watermaker and ample refrigeration and storage.
Just seen an extensive and expensive refit at a cost of 3 million baht. She's ready to go now with no work needed.
The Bahia is truly a world-class cruiser with heaps of private and communal space even for a big family. Storage space unheard of in other boats of this size, absolutely cavernous engine rooms (I had 3 people in there several times and we still had room to move around) and the fastest and most stable sailing performance in its class by a wide margin. She will easily return 60% of wind speed under normal sails and nearly match AWS with the spinnaker up. Her windward pointing ability is superb, up to 35° AWA in comfort. High bridge deck clearance means no slapping ever even when going straight into the weather.
- New engines + saildrives Oct 2015 Upgraded to SD-60 (can change oil from inside engine room instead of having to haul out), more efficient gear reduction with higher speed, wet multidisc instead of unreliable cone clutch that's $2k+ when it fails. All paperwork present.
- ALL original manuals and technical drawings in FP binder (rigging, sails, engines, saildrives, electric toilets, engine panels, fridge, plotter, windlass etc)
- Hard top (GRP/foam sandwich)
- huge 250 lph watermaker w/ Cat Pump 247 and 2 new membranes July 2021, double pre filters 25 and 5 mc + carbon filter. Potable water from the taps
- 8kw Lifepo4 batteries with new MPPT charge controllers. Can easily go 3-4 days without charging and can power a portable AC unit.
With this much power there is no need for a generator, that's why she's so light. Batteries can still be charged with the engines if needed.
- all faucets and taps changed 2020/2021
- Flexofold 3 blade folding props
- all electric toilets
- 2x fresh water pumps plumbed side to side with valve to seamlessly switch between them
- Saltwater pump
- 2 new 2000hph bilge pumps
- New refrigeration 2019 (2 new compressors + cold plates)
- New additional portable fridge/freezer 12/24/220v
- New (2020) offshore trampoline
- 2 Beefy 120A alternators
- SS Solar arch
- Hard top with more solar panels
- 1050W total solar
- 400w SilentWind generator ($2000)
- All lights converted to LED
- 3 inverters: Mastervolt 2kw inverter + second 2kw inverter + 150w inverter to charge laptops.
- Navigation instruments: Raymarine I50 Tridata, ST6001 Smartpilot Autopilot, Axiom multifunction touchscreen + 2x Raymarine I70s
- spare plotter + MFD in salon for full redundancy
- 80m+60m 10mm chain
- 2 anchors 35kg Sarca Excel clone w/ weighed tip and 25kg Delta
- new windlass gypsy 2021
- rolly tasker sails + lazy bag new 2019, used 1 season and as new.
- Asym spinnaker w/ sock new 2021 never used
- Lazy jacks
- Harken MKIV 3 furler (thb 200k)
- Harken teflon batt cars (thb 180k)
- new standing rigging 2019-2021
- A lot of new running rigging w/ all lines led to cockpit and Spinlock clutches
- 8 winches, all 2 speed self tailing
- ALL dyneema steering gear w/ Harken blocks
- all new seacocks and toilet hoses 2020
- water heater (heated by heat exchanger or 12v)
- Magma BBQ
- Life raft 2021
- VHF radio with AIS
- Loads of brand new fire extinguishers
- 1000s worth of engine spares good for the next 2 years or 4 full services (all filters, belts + impellers) - See "spares" section below for full inventory
- New marine foam cushions inside + out 2020
- 2 sets of fishing gear
- 3 person inflatable kayak
- All new mattresses 2020
- New bedding + linen for all cabins June 2021
- Coppercoat bottom paint, good for a few more years
- synthetic teak on transom steps and in cockpit
- new floors throughout
- INVENTORY: colour laserjet printer, label printer, 6x high flow fans, 8x 30L diesel jerry cans, 4x 20L water cans, 20L petrol can, 5x fenders, 3x fat 30mm mooring lines, 25m water hose, 20m power extension lead, assorted marine greases + lubricants, $6000 worth of tools and materials, 6-12 months' worth of cleaning and household supplies, Kercher K3 pressure washer, bosuns chair, crash pump, exercise bench + 50kg dumbell + barbell kit, extensive cruising guides collection
- SPARES: 2x Jabsco shower drain pumps, 2x bilge pumps, 2x float switches, 1x fresh water pump, belt tensioner bearing, 4x watermaker belts, 6x alternator belts, 6x fuel filters, 6x oil filters, 6x fuel water separator filters, 20L engine +transmission oil, 2x engine control cables, 60m 10mm chain, 30m 12mm chain, 25kg anchor, 50m+ 14mm & 16mm lines, 120m+ smaller diameter lines, compressor fan, 40+ assorted SS shackles and hose clamps, toilet faucet, kitchen tap, cutlery crockery and utensils for 8 people, rice cooker, kettle, 25+ tuppaware boxes, 2x inverters, 2x winch handles, spare winch.
Asking $275,000. Price in USD however I'll accept some other currencies or crypto for an offshore transaction.
Also separately for sale are a 12' hypalon Genesis dinghy with centre console and 30hp 4 stroke Honda outboard (RRP $15K), a Bauer Mariner 190Lpm dive compressor ($12k new) and 6 complete scuba kits (BCDs, regs, tanks, masks + fins). These can be negotiated with the new owner for a favourable price.
Boat is Thai flagged with Thai VAT paid, has a commercial license already renewed and paid for and is currently stored on the hard, ready to inspect and splash. She is truly a turn-key vessel.
The sale is a walk-on walk-off concept, where I will only take a suitcase of clothes and personal effects off the boat and the new owner can bring theirs, unpack, provision and cross an ocean the next day.
GPS / Sat Nav