- asking 129,000 THB or open to reasonable offers
- silver and black - modified / performance tuned
- 649 cc
- Has ABS brakes and preload adjustable rear suspension
- Model year 2011. I’m the 3rd owner, Greenbook all in order, in my name, ready to transfer
- tax and insurance paid up until April 2020
- only 16,xxx km
- always serviced at Piston shop, Chiang Mai
- Since I’ve owned it, the bike has always been stored under roof and covered, never sat still longer than 10 days at a time. Starts first time everytime. I've never crashed it or dropped it. Regularly serviced using only high quality oil. Runs and feels as good as you’d expect any proper ER6 with less than 20k km would feel regardless of age.
- I bought it in April 2017 when it had just 9,7xx km. The 2 previous owners as shown in the greenbook are both male farang, aged about 50 and 70 years old respectively, and acquainted with each other. I was told the bike had been dropped once in its life (on a slope while stationary) but never crashed. Reason for sale by second owner; too heavy for an older man like himself.
- Upon purchase I took the bike to Piston shop for a thorough checking just to be sure; flushed and replaced all the fluids like engine oil, brake fluid, radiator coolant, front forks fluids etc, fuel tank cleaned, sealed the front forks, new brake pads front and rear, new brake cables, new wheel bearings front and rear, and new Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires front and rear.
- I cannot stress enough how awesome these tires are! The bike has shed over 10kg in dry weight with all listed modifications below.
- Original Delkevic UK exhaust slip-on with custom link pipe made. Beautiful sound all the way up and down the rev range. The slip-on has a removable db killer, which I’ve never removed.
- BMC air filter installed.
- Power Commander 5. fuel and ignition 2in1 controller. Overrides the factory ecu ‘plug n play’ style. Unplug it and everything falls back to original factory settings automatically. This unit also plugs into the versys 650 and ninja 650 models of the same generation. In combination with the new exhaust and air filter, this tiny but expensive add-on gave new life to this bike. It's been calibrated on the dyno to its original 70 hp, but revs up faster. (can go to 75hp, even heard forum claims of 80+, not recommended for long term use). Can be retuned to suit your riding style at a dyno shop here in Chiang Mai or with a Power Commander autotune add-on kit which you could order online. Another add-on that I have included is a “map switch” installed on the handlebar left cluster next to the turn indicator switch. It allows the rider to switch between 2 preloaded fuel maps while riding. As is loaded now, tuned to the current equipment, map #1 is running slightly lean to offer a little better fuel economy, eco friendlier, and also better balanced air/fuel ratios when at higher altitudes. Map #2 is a more aggressive fuel map that adds cool gurgling sounds out of the exhaust under deceleration as well as a noticeable boost of power above 7k rpm with a full twist of the throttle. Metaphorically speaking, this engine breathes/performs like a professional athlete that trains at high altitudes but competes at low altitudes :p
- I had the original seat refitted with foam and covered with fresh leather. The riders seat back edge is now slightly further back to allow for a taller guy like myself (195cm) to slide back a bit for legroom while cruising but still keeping the flat surface towards the front of the seat for more aggressive riding ergonomics also. Rider seat surface area is raised up about 1 cm. Fits shorter people just fine as it is now but also easy to make it fit to your size specifically if you like.
- I’ve got 3 different handlebars available for this bike, all included in the sale. The first is the standard factory bars, too narrow and low for my size, but otherwise in perfect condition. The second is an original ProTaper 800mm in perfect condition, kind of ‘scrambler style’ look for this bike. It didn’t offer enough sweep for my liking after some cruising time so I bought another online along with raisers (Brand name Mofaner). This setup is a little lower and narrower (780mm) than the Protaper setup but with more sweep for easier elbow angles. Overall the preferable ergonomic setup I’ve calibrated thus far.
- new headlight and brackets to clip on to front forks, LED daytime running lights white color, hi/lo beam white color (original headlight comes with the bike)
- changed the bike body color from red to pearl silver and black. The change has been properly registered in the greenbook. (original headlight still has red color)
- frame sliders, swingarm sliders, X-mount for phone, tail tidy, radiator protector, bar end weights, new original Rizoma bar end mirrors (doesn’t fit on Mofaner bars, currently using original mirrors with bar end weights), adjustable clutch lever and front brake lever (adjustable by length of grip as well as how far to squeeze for effect), variety of handgrips, metal luggage rack that can be easily screwed on in place of the passanger handgrips.
- All original parts are included with the bike. It can be converted back to its original state quickly/easily
- Free extras; a big cover tarp against dust/rain, and a rear paddock stand for chain maintenance etc.
- Reason for sale; future family planning.
When the bike is sold I also have for sale some riding gear from Europe like matching touring jacket and pants size L-XL, hotweather protective jacket, protective jeans, protective boots shin high (EU49 US14), and Sena 20s EVO bluetooth headset (1 piece anytime or 2 if the bike sells).
Inquiry through private message only please. Viewing on appointment available mon-sat after 17:00 or sundays daytime, location near Promenada mall, Chiang Mai. Test rides only for those with a valid drivers license for insurance purposes, along with either valid passport and visa stamp or full cash amount in hand.