One for the enthusiasts!
Rare find this 1998 Citroen Xantia Exclusive in a very good original condition.
We bought this car from a relative of our family who has moved on to a Citroen C5. He has owned the car from new so there is only the initial owners name in the book. Due to COV-19 restrictions I can't spend as much attention and time on the car as I envisioned when we bought it, hence now is the time to pass it one to someone who can.
A chance to experience Citroen's world-famous hydropneumatic suspension in Thailand. This car is a pleasure to drive, it's spacious, quiet, safe and just irons out most of the uneven bumps and stays comfortable on all road types.
I have done personally an overhaul of the suspension and it is now in top-condition. new spheres, new hydro-fluid, flushing & bleeding of the system and it is now good until it requires another service.
Engine and gearbox are in great condition and did not need a lot of service but I have still done a lot of preventive maintenance.
There are no leaks anywhere and the car is in a 100% drivable condition.
Interior and seats are in top condition, A/C is working and cold.
There are still a few minor things that need to be done and I'll happily bring any potential buyers up to speed. I have owned several Citroen's in Thailand and opposed to contrary believe a Citroen, if well maintained, can go a lot longer and further without major repairs then other brands with regular suspension.
Parts are no issue, there are plenty 2nd hand spares available in Thailand as well as car part suppliers in BKK that have a lot of parts new. There are about half a dozen of very qualified Citroen mechanics in Bangkok alone that work correctly and cheaply on these cars. There are also active member clubs around.
With Thailand road conditions this car is so comfortable to drive, the seats are good, the interior is very spacious to hold a family of 5, the car is quiet and safe, long distances are a breeze and you just get out of the car with no fatique.
The great thing about this suspension is also the load related braking and self levelling suspension. The braking power is always the same regardless of load as well as the suspension always levels the car to it's normal ride height.
Here are some details of the car and what I have done:
* 1998 Citroen Xantia Exclusive, original French buit car, not in Rayong.
* Antisink model (6 spheres)
* Self levelling and manual adjustable suspension.
* 2.0 engine, automatic gearbox
* One owner in the book since new
* Never had LPG installed
* 185.xxx km's
* Taxed and insured until 2022
* Disc brakes F/R with ABS
* Electric Mirrors & windows
* New radio/CD/MP3 player
What I have done so far:
* Complete check & overhaul of the hydropneumatic suspension incl. spheres, tank, fluid, height adjustment and revision of the height correctors.
* 4 brand new Michelin Energy XM2's
* New steppen motor
* Shell premium engine oil change + filter
* Shell premium gearbox oil change
* New Bosch windscreen wipers F/R
* Complete detailing job at an auto spa, inside & out
* New original air filter
* New original fuel filter
* Hi-Kool premium UV window film all around 60/40
* Philips Extreme vision headlight bulbs replacement F.
* All lightbulbs replaced around the car (rear, brake, blinker, reverse)
Included in the sale but not yet installed:
* New set of handbrake cables
* new ABS sensor
* New oil filter
* Spare Hydraulic pump
* Spare LHM hydraulic fluid
* Original 1998 brochure (in Thai)
* New boot emblem "Xantia"
* New set of spare keys
* New brake pads F
Great car for someone who wants and can turn this car into one of the most beautiful ones in Thailand, most of these you find in Thailand are neglected, just right out ugly or have LPG, or are just difficult to sell, this one however has the potential to become a sought-after timeless young timer.
Please contact by message for further info, photos and to arrange a testdrive or purchase.
Delivery can be arranged and happy to look at an exchange too with another car or motorbike.